Visitation information for the Pines Machias Campus in Machias, New York.
Current Visitation Status
Visitation is allowed at this time. Be sure to check our News section for updates too.
Visiting hours in our facilities are not restricted. The front doors are typically locked between 7 and 7:30 pm. They are reopened by 8:00 a.m. Visitors needing entry when the doors are locked will have to ring the doorbell or use the vestibule phone and wait for assistance. Children are welcome with the supervision of an adult.
- All visitors (indoors and outdoors) must sign in at entry. This includes name, full address, and phone number.
- Limit 2 visitors per resident for indoor visits, 4 visitors for outdoors.
- All visitors must be screened upon entry. This means a temperature reading, answering questions about COVID signs and symptoms, travel and possible exposures.
- Visitors will be issued a surgical mask to wear and asked to sanitize their hands.
- COVID rapid-testing (simple nasal swab) is encouraged and requested of all visitors. Declining to be tested will not prohibit visitation. This will also be a question on the sign-in sheet.
- Once screened, visitors will be asked to go directly to the area/resident that they are visiting and remain there until you are ready to leave (maximum 2 hours).
- Preference for visitation spots (in order): Outdoors, The Grove, The Living Room. Visits in resident rooms are by administrative approval only and occur only under limited circumstances.
- Residents who are not vaccinated must have their visitations in the Grove or outdoors
- Please keep your mask on for the entire visit.
- Please try to maintain social distancing- 6 feet.
- Food and drinks should not be consumed during visits.
- Hugs and touch are permitted for vaccinated residents however masks should stay on and hands should be sanitized before and after.
- Four-legged visitors are permitted if brought in by working staff with administrative approval.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES MAY FORCE US TO DISALLOW FUTURE VISITATION.
Trips Off the Machias Campus
Guidance for Time Spent Outside the Nursing Home and in the Community
Attention all residents and caregivers
PLEASE follow all recommended COVID infection prevention and control practices in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy. This includes wearing a mask when unable to maintain social distancing. Exceptions include eating and drinking where a mask cannot be worn.
Avoid contact with people who have signs or symptoms of COVID or have been around someone who is known to be sick. Avoid large indoor and outdoor crowds. Limit time spent in confined smaller spaces.
Try to stay 6 feet away from others, as possible.
Wash and/or sanitize your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Be mindful of door knobs and other high touch areas. Sanitize frequently. * We will provide you with a travel size hand spray
Encourage those around you to follow these same practices
If the resident become accidentally exposed to someone who is known to be COVID POSITIVE or tests POSITIVE within 72 hours of the visit, PLEASE NOTIFY THE FACILITY IMMEDIATELY. This in VERY IMPORTANT