The following is a summary of the changes Governor Cuomo has implemented on September 17th. We have asked for further clarifications on many of the points and are awaiting answers. The entire document can be found by accessing the link at the bottom of this article. The highlights are as follows:
· The visitation and new regulations will take affect 14 days after the last reported COVID positive result in the building.
· The number of visitors to the nursing home must not exceed ten percent (10%) of the resident census at any time and only two visitors will be allowed per resident at any one time.
· Visitor under the age of 18 years old are prohibited from visiting residents at this time.
· Visitation should be limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting and under certain circumstances in an inside, well ventilated space with no more than ten individuals who are appropriately socially distanced and wear a face mask or face covering while in the presence of others.
· Visitation is strictly prohibited in residents rooms or care areas.
· Visitors, including the long-term care ombudsman, are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID 19 prior to residents access. Additionally, the visitor must present a verified negative test result within the last week (7 days) and visitation must be refused if the individual(s) fails to present such negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions.
· Visitors must wear a face mask or face covering at all times when on the premises of the nursing home and maintain social distancing.
· The week of September 20-26, we will be offering window visits only while we get clarification on testing and create the conditions that comply with the new mandates.
· Window visits already scheduled, after the September 27 date, may be rescheduled in order for us to comply with the new regulations.
· Visitation after September 27th is tentatively set for 9:30 am—11:00 am and 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Window Visits will be held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, for 15 minute sessions. Indoor/Outdoor visits will be held on Monday and Thursdays for 30 minute sessions. Due to the shorter daylight hours, our times have been adjusted for everyone’s safety.
· If you have further questions or need further clarification, you can e-mail Kim Chase, Resident Care Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The link below is for the letter in its entirety: